- Won't it fall off once I put my cable in there? My cable is kinda heavy. Nope. Microsuction holds the CableCup down firmly and allows you to remove it (and reuse it) multiple times. Check out the videos to see it in action.
- Fender's okay with you using their name and shapes? Yeah, we've been working with Fender a long time and these are officially licensed products.
- Is it true you've solved the mystery of "where do picks go?" Yes! They go in a CableCup.
- It looks like the hold is REALLY strong, will it damage my amp's covering? No it won't. The key innovation behind CableCup's design is the use of microsuction instead of adhesives. Microsuction can't leave behind residue and does not react chemically to bond, it uses tiny little suction cups. So there is nothing to create a chemical reaction like tapes and glues do. Cool, right?
- What's the warranty? Lifetime warranty on all our gear. If it ever breaks, just contact us and we'll get you a new one. Easy. We're musicians too; we don't want any bad karma with other musicians. ;o)
- I want to attach my CableCup permanently, can I do it with two sided tape, glue or screws? Sure! Go for it. Just remove the microsuction from the bottom and go to town!
- Is this the same tech as the Fender Amperstand? Yes it is!. We are the team behind engineering and building the patent pending Fender Amperstand. We've been working with Fender for years.
- Is it patented? Yes. Patent Pending.
- Will it affect my tone? Nope.
- Does it work clockwise? Yes.
- Does it work counterclockwise? Yes.
- Does it work internationally? Yes.
- Does it come in black? None more black.
- Any other colors? We also sell it as Midnight, Onyx, Space, Darkness, Goth, Shadow, Tar, Ebony, Jet, Ink, Super Dark and Black Hole Sun. You can decide what you want to call it. We may do "glow in the dark" green someday, but not for a while.
- What is Neodymium? It’s a “rare earth” material that has very high magnetic density. Small and powerful, like a half-stack.
- Does it work with all locking trems known to man? Nope, but almost. Old Kahlers use a 3/32" hex, ours is 3mm. A lot of Kahlers don't use a locking nut, so it's a small amount of guitars. With Floyds, Ibanez and all the copy-cat Floyds it works. By our guess, that's about 99.9999% of all guitars with locking trems.
- Can I head-bang with a HexHider? Yes. We’ve done a dizzying amount of headbanging testing. Not a single HexHider fell off a guitar in our testing. Luckily, we've had many customers confirm our testing according to the very unscientific Instagram posts study we've been doing lately.
- Is an Allen wrench and a hex wrench the same thing? Yes.
- Who is "Allen" and is he rich? It's a mystery to us.